Whether you’re driving around Santa Ana in a new Nissan vehicle or a pre-owned one, you’ll eventually need a Nissan key fob replacement. That’s because, over time, your Nissan key fob battery will deplete and need to be changed. If you find that you need a Nissan key fob replacement, we suggest you visit the Garden Grove Nissan service team. Otherwise, continue reading for more information on the following:
- What kind of Nissan key fob battery you need
- How to perform a Nissan key fob battery change
- How to start a Nissan with a dead key fob battery
How To Do a Nissan Key Fob Battery Change
Before you begin your Nissan key fob replacement, you’ll want to make sure you have the correct battery. Many Nissan key fobs will utilize a CR2025 battery. However, we suggest you reference your owner’s manual or give our parts center a visit for specifics. After you have the necessary battery, you’re ready to begin your Nissan key fob battery change. All you have to do is follow these instructions:
- Remove the physical key from your Nissan key fob.
- Begin separating the two halves of your Nissan key fob. Do this carefully and use a plastic pry tool if needed.
- After removing the back cover, you may notice a secondary battery cover. Remove this cover carefully, and again, use a plastic pry tool if necessary.
- Delicately remove the old battery and replace it with the new one. Take note of the direction the battery is facing. This can show whether its negative or positive side should be facing you.
- Now put the key fob back together, taking care to make sure that each component is where it’s supposed to be.
- Test your key fob and make sure that it works properly! If not, stop by our service center.
How to Start a Nissan With a Dead Key Fob
If you notice your Nissan key fob is dead but you’re not near your Orange County home, don’t fret! You’ll still be able to get into your vehicle and start it so that you can get to your destination safely. Let’s take a look at how to get into your Nissan and how to start your Nissan with a dead key fob:
- Release the physical emergency key from the key fob.
- Insert the key into the driver’s side door and you should be able to unlock it.
- If your vehicle has a key fob port, insert the key fob into the port and start your vehicle as usual.
- Otherwise, if your vehicle doesn’t have a key fob port, start your vehicle as usual but push the START/STOP button using your key fob.
Once your vehicle has started, we suggest you visit our Nissan service center for assistance with your key fob battery replacement.
You Can Count on Garden Grove Nissan for More Service Advice!
Whether your key fob battery needs to be replaced or you’ve got a more major service issue, you can count on Garden Grove Nissan to assist. We’ll provide you with automotive advice and guidance so that you can make an informed decision on your ride. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us online or stop by our GARDEN GROVE dealership. We hope to see you soon! To make sure your key fob battery doesn’t die unexpectedly, be sure to keep up with your maintenance intervals. Not sure what your Nissan maintenance schedule looks like? Give our service team a visit for more information.